Kid's Summer Sewing Camps! Ages 8-12
Kids ages 8-12 are welcome to come learn, play, and experiment with sewing this summer! We are going to have so much fun with a variety of projects that encourage creativity and teach skills that will last a lifetime!
In this camp we'll cover:
- How to use a sewing machine! Bring your own or rent one of ours, and we'll get you zigging and zagging in no time!
- Hand sewing, machine sewing, designing, and practice, practice, practice!
- Finish 3 projects over the week, with lots of room to work on mini projects.
- Depending on your level of sewing, you can pick from a variety of projects that interest you. Sew what makes you happy!
- ALL SUPPLIES INCLUDED IN THE CLASS FEE!
This class is meant to be informative, fun, and encouraging!
Instructor: Tessa Gonzales
We have classroom machines that you can rent for class if you don't have your own, but we do recommend learning on the machine you are going to be using going forward. You can add a machine rental here.
- Your sewing machine, if you have one (or rent one of ours).
- A big snack (sewing makes kids hungry) & water bottle!
- Your Waiver Form (will be emailed) printed & filled out by mom, dad or legal guardian.
- All other materials are provided in class!
- Fabric scissors
- Straight pins
- Seam/hem gauge
- Thread snippers
- Seam ripper
- Fabric marking pen or tailor’s chalk - fine point
- Extra sewing machine needles (size 80/12 and 90/14)
- Measuring Tape (made for sewing!)
- Bobbins to fit your sewing machine
- Magnetic seam guide