Serger 101 with Tessa
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
Date: Friday, April 7th, 3pm - 5pm
Do sergers confuse and mystify you? Do you have one that has just been sitting in the corner in time out because it was making you so mad that one day? Did you get a serger a while back, but are still not 100% confident with it?
Then this class is for you!
This class is designed to get you comfortable with using, maintaining, and troubleshooting issues with a serger. This will cover up to a 4-thread serger. (If you don't know what that means, it's ok! You will!) Yes, you can do this!
You'll learn how to:
- thread the machine properly
- set the machine up for different stitches
- which stitches to use when
- oil and clean the machine
- use proper machine terminology
- troubleshoot machine issues to avoid future frustration.
There are NO prerequisites for this course! It is recommended that you bring the machine you own so that you may learn to sew on the machine that you'll be using the most. Please be sure that your machine is in good working order. No refunds will be issued for machines that are not working. If you'd like to to be sure your machine is in good condition, please let us know at Austin Sewing Machines and we can work with you on getting your machine ready for class!
- Thread (4 cones, preferably 4 different colors)
- 1/2 yard muslin or several scrap fabrics to make samples with
- Pen and paper to take notes
By registering for this, you agree to our Class Policies.